Woke
up really early today, at about 6.45am. somehow I couldn’t fall back to sleep,
probably because it was my last day over here and so I didn’t want to waste
this morning away. Woke up at joined the kids for breakfast at ibu’s place,
then sat around and talked to ibu about the home and its children.
 |
| our very cute iman! |
 |
| wati & yusri! |
 |
| alfin's really funny! haha loves the flower on his head lol |
 |
| ibu's and pastor's place! |
 |
| toh being the crazy toh. |
I
really think ibu Sintha and Pastor Michael are such amazing people. It really
isn’t easy to make that decision to throw all that physical comforts away and
live in a much more precarious environment just for the sake of others. After
hearing numerous stories about themselves, the children, how much they went
through, and all the conditions they were in, I can’t help but to cringe at my
ignorance all these while. What have I been missing out so far? Once I’ve heard
their stories, I think I can really understand these kids better. Like Iman.
When
I watch these kids closely, and think of their background, I can totally link
them together. If you were once used as a tool to earn money or being abused in
a horrible environment, it is really not surprising that you’ll see him grow up
acting in a way that depicts their past experiences. Like hendrikus and iman. I
wished I understood that earlier.
So I guess I learnt you really can’t judge a
person from what he appears to be. Even though I can never fully understand
what these little kids have gone through for the short few years of their
lives, but at least I can try to give them more love and maybe aid in that slow
healing of their little hearts. I want them to know that at least I care, at
least ibu and pastor care, at least everyone in the home cares. I want them to
lead a life of fulfillment and that they can be a tool of God in the future to
spread the love to others.
That
being said I really thank God for the home, ibu and pastor. It’s simply
amazing. The power of God’s love.
After
that talk with ibu and pastor about the home, I went out to look for the kids
again to take the last few photos with them. Played around in the dining area,
and even got merfon to play the guitar and sing for me! :D it was difficult
trying to persuade him to sing though hahaha. Had to play and sing one before
he finally was willing to. What a cute boy! Oh yes Albert also played and sang
for me! :D super talented. (: will post the video of merfon singing and
playing the guitar next time. :D
 |
| yusri in a box! |
 |
| merfon playing the guitar :) |
 |
| sometimes he gets really rowdy and gangsterish, but at times like this hendrikus is a pure angel :D |
 |
| we should form a band! :D |
Went
back to the dorm and cleaned it up, and after that had lunch at pastor’s place.
Mee goreng! :D nice stuff. after lunch we took our bags and left the orphanage
after saying our goodbyes to the kids and taking some group photos together.
 |
| the two of them were really upset that day. sigh. |
 |
| she's really the brave one! |
 |
| group photo! with much loveeee. |
 |
| the two girls of the trip! |
Charles
and merfon joined us all the way back to the airport. Checked in and into the
old Merpati turboprop we go. Goodbye Nias, once again. But this time, I’m very
sure I’ll be back, I told myself. Nothing much to be sad about. (thinks about
what sihui said while crying: don’t cry because you’re sad to be leaving, but
instead smile because you got a chance to be here)
Reached
medan and checked in to our hotel. Dabao-ed KFC after that and ate in the
girls’ room. After that headed for Sun Plaza and liya and I did our foot and
back massage! SUPER SHIOK. Haha but this time it’s less painful because I think
the guy sorta controlled a little. heh. Unlike the other time where the woman was
totally merciless HAHA. I still cringed and screamed a little though, and after
the guys came back from arcade they were just that watching liya and I undergo
the torture session haha. They were like totally entertained. How irritating!
 |
| KFC! |
 |
| enjoying the massage haha |
After
the massage we went to play arcade! Super duper fun. Think I blogged about it
earlier so I shan’t say much. Basically I played HOTD 4 with toh and ryan (took
turns, but eventually ryan and I played the most part of it!) oh and evil twin
and I actually completed the WHOLE game! Amazing. My arm and back was aching so
badly that I felt my massage was actually wasted LOL. But it was still a great
experience though I’ll never spent that kind of money ever again. HAHA.
 |
| time for some action: house of the dead! |
After
more arcading we headed back to our hotel at about 11 plus. Then the girls went
over to the guys room after washing up and we played some asshole daidee (:
wooooots. Played until 1plus then liya got bored so the rest of the 4 played
bridge all the way till 3 plus. hehhhh.
+ guaishou's! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment