Monday, June 21, 2010

NIAS #3 Day 6. first day of school!


Day 6, 21st June 2010 (Monday) – first day of school!
  •          Breakfast
  •          School
  •          Lunch
  •          Cleaning up of library
  •          Dinner
  •          Devotion
  •          Interaction with Akhimi, Charles and Sida


School was initially exciting because we were going to a school much further away than last year, but sadly it was very much a disappointment because many students started pon-ning their classes after it hit 1030h for ECA. Zzz. But the English lesson I took was simply awesome, perhaps it’s also because of the group I sat with. Somehow they were really enthusiastic to learn and they were very proactive as well and so I had so much fun flipping the dictionary to tell them the equivalent of the words. (: and they were so amused by my Chinese name! haha.

The other classes were pretty much boring. Roars. And we were all so hungry after the lessons cos it was already 2. But when we went back, we realised that they were still cooking food for us and so we waited till about 3. Had our lunch after that, which was super delicious! :D Rice with chicken soup yummmm. I ended up eating two bowls thanks to clement can. But ya, deliciousssssssss.

After lunch, we had a 15min rest time until we headed off to do the library things with DJ. She’s just super hard to work with you know, I totally hate it when she just blabber on and on when she could simply show us with the actions on one go instead of trying so hard to explain. Super inefficient. But I think I’m really bad too because im starting to get a little rude to her…. Oops. I shall try to hide all unhappiness better.

RJ, jasmine, liya and I were then assigned to clean up one of the rooms that was to be a new library. When we first entered, we were simply too horrified because it just looked like part of a hunted house with all the dried leaves, spiderwebs, rustic smell etc. etc. it looked like we would have to spend a lot of effort to clean.

And we really did. After sweeping the whole entire place, we splashed the whole place with water and washed away all the dirt after that. I removed all the stupid spidey webs from the toilet and the room (ultimate gross I tell you, super scared that those spiderweb zhap will drop on my head and into my mouth EEKS) but at least I removed most of them so I’m like super happy ahahah.

After washing the place, it was time to dry it and so we took some rags and started sliding around the area while directing the water to the drain :P it was super fun la! I didn’t know you could slide like this while mopping can. Super awesome. Hahaha. And you know, the 4 of us really made the whole floor clean and sparkly! Wooohoooo~

After cleaning the floor, jas and liya worked on the walls while rj and I worked on the windows until we had no water left to clean. So we all went back to bathe andden wait for dinner. Super tiring I tell you, but the sense of satisfaction upon seeing the largely clean room was immense! Really impressive that the 4 of us could actually clean so well hahaha. Thankfully there was liya who is a little more picky with the cleanliness or else I would probably slack a bit by not cleaning the walls and the windows LOL.

Dinner was enak! We had mee soto with fried eggs with tomato and cabbage :D :D :D very very very nice! Washed the dishes with ct after that because it was our duty.

Went back to the room for debrief, then went to devotion after playing 2 rounds of daidee. Loved the songs they played during devotion today, like “Hatiku Berjaya” and some others that I can’t remember. (oh yes, another song I like is “S’perti Bapa Sayang Anak-nya” that they sang yesterday!)

After devotion, played with desy a bit andden yusri. After that, I sat with akhimi and Charles because they both looked really emo and so I was pretty worried about them. (as usual, the younger girls have had enough attention from the others already) and you know it’s quite amazing because in the end clement and I somehow made the two of them really happy at the end by just singing, playing games and such. And zhigang’s dance, OMG TTM. The 2 of us plus the 2 kids literally ROFL.

Hohohoh. And oh yes, Akhimi taught us this funny game where u just remove all the fingers after finishing some song etc, and we played for seriously quite some time. LOL TTM.


P.S. Akhimi and Charles sang S’perti Bapa Sayang Anak-nya to me, while I sang You Are My All in All! :)

+ guaishou's! :D

No comments: