Friday, June 17, 2011

NZ 2011: #01. night flight.

On the night flight to Auckland now, and it’s 11pm SG time already. I cant help to type this now because the view outside is simply too captivating that I just have to write about it! Even though its really in the middle of the night now (since I assume we’re above Indonesia it should be abt 1am), but there seems to be a little light that brightens the clouds below me, and I’m starting to wonder where it’s the sun that’s probably slightly around the earth from where I am and reflecting off the clouds, especially since we’re travelling east.

And omg, don’t get me started about the stars. Though I strongly believe I’ll see nicer ones in NZ when the whole sky is above me, or perhaps in Nias where leenseet and the rest of the OCIP team are now, I can’t help to be awed by it. I love this feeling, to be in between the stars and the clouds on a jet plane. And I think this might be the very reason why I chose aerospace engineering 4 years ago.

Okay just a side note, the ipod touch is now playing Magnificent by Hillsongs. How apt! And to quote what J wrote on her blog and maybe from some tumblr post, how can anyone doubt the existence of God when faced with some awesome things around us?



very awesome sunrise on the plane!





Anyway, rushed out of the house just now after being constantly being nagged by parents for being so late. Didn’t have time to switch off the power supplies in my room, didn’t have time to give my pillows a last squeeze, didn’t have time to say goodbye to friends on MSN, didn’t have time to give my parents a big hug.

You know I always wanted to hug my dad especially, and even more so today since I won’t be seeing him on Father’s Day again, just as the past two years when I’m always in Nias. But I never got the chance to do so, simple because when you haven’t been hugging your dad since 10 or so it’s difficult to start hugging again. My dad is someone who doesn’t express his emotions, he loves us but doesn’t show it, but I know he just does because I can sense it for the little things he do. Like how he kept asking me whether I’ll need this or that for NZ because he knows that I’m going to stay in a campervan. Even bought me the car adaptor stuff which I can’t describe how useful that is seriously going to be. Materials it might be, but it is the concern that I appreciate the most. And I think my dad’s going to love a hug.

And so I shall remind myself to get him a proper gift as a belated Daddy’s Day present and make sure I do give him a hug then.

We managed to check in one hour before the flight, but only entered the gates 10 mins before because ch left some things in the car and I can’t enter using the biometric way (which by the way, really sucks cos of all the extra time needed) no thanks to my more or less rotten thumbprint, no thanks again to all the drumming and canoeing.

Didn’t manage to get dinner in the end ): and now I’m almost starving in the aircraft (a wide-body ex-Qantas A330-200!) The meals cost about 22 SGD on the plane and other snacks range from 5 – 15, which I decided it’s pointless cos it’s just going to make me hungrier. Rahhhhhhhh.

And so I guess I should be done for today. A long entry, probably because it’s just day 1 and I actually still have the time and energy to do this. I do hope I keep it up! :D



such magnificent view


+ guaishou's! :D

No comments: