![]() |
| our dorm |
Woke up at 6.30am to get to the stadium to collect our race pack! 700m walk to and back. The two of them started their marathon at 7.30am I had to walk back alone with the barang barang in the cold! Omg. Oh yes we literally ran to the stadium cos it was so freaking cold and it’s impossible to walk there without warming up.
Went back to the hostel and slept for another 1hour before rushing out for the 10km run! And shucks I suddenly remembered flag off was at 9.15am and I was still at the hostel at 9 -___- faints. So I faster ran (which by the way, was colder than before thanks to the rain and the strong winds! And I was only wearing shirt and fbts. gosh). Heng they postponed to 5 mins later so I could rest a little!
Andden at 9.20am, the run officially began (: woooooooots. And so I started running and running and it was freaking cold! The wind and rain was disgusting! It was so strong that it could actually blow me a few steps to the side o.O andden the rain was like removing every single bit of heat I have left in the body! Roars. The first few km I was just trying to follow random people around me and trying not to stop, while the last few km I just ended up running, taking photos and walking intermittently, and omg it turned out that my last 5km was faster. :/
![]() |
| this is me after i finished my race! |
But it’s okay, I ended up clocking my 2nd best 10km timing haha, though it really isn’t very good considering I didn’t train haha. Happy la. After the run, I faster collected all the stuff and rushed back to the hostel in the cold. Omg. Had to sit inside macs for like half an hour to warm myself up and use the free wifi at the same time o.O super shiok! Then went back to hostel, checked in to our new room and took a long warm bath and instantly I felt all the warmth in my toes and fingers (: then I decided I should go find the two other runners who might still be running their marathon and pass them some clothes and heat packs since it has been a crazy day with a crazy weather.
And in the end I saw jojo at the lobby andden went to look for herny alone. And thank God I went, because seriously he wasn’t in quite a nice state when I finally saw him! Gave me quite a scare seriously. After waiting at the stadium for more than half an hour or so, calling him on the phone and leaving msgs, I finally got a reply that he was with the medics!!! Turn out he quit at the 38km cos he was almost dying of hypothermia o.O and the medics had to drive him back to the stadium. So when I saw him, he was wrapped in many layers of foil and towels in an attempt to warm himself up. Omg….
I waited till he was finally more ready to leave, handed him the jackets and the towels, andden we walked back to the hostel together. Such a long walk… think I walked this 800m for the 6th time today, considering I ran another freaking 10km in the cold. But so glad I decided to go over, can’t imagine herny going back with just a towel. It’s going to be so freaking cold.
Anyway, eventually we all stayed in the lobby and after an hour we went back to our room, bathed, cooked instant noodles at the kitchen, ate, and went back to sleep until 8 plus haha. Full 4 hours and poor darius had to go walk alone cos he just reached wellington and all of us were half-dead. Roars. Woke up, went out to look for dinner but in vain and ended up eating at macs :/ but the angus burger was seriously not bad and they had free flow of coke YAY (turned out that wellies are not as giam siap as singaporeans haha). Haha. So at 11am we went back up to our room, did laundry, discussed our plans for the next day, and finally wrote some postcards before going to sleep (:
![]() |
| awesome street of wellington! |
+ guaishou's! :D



No comments:
Post a Comment